Affordable Breast Augmentation
- Reception the airport
- Breast Augmentation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Anesthesiologist and clinic fees
- Transportation to & from med-appointments
- Pre-surgical medical exams
- One support garment worn after surgery, if applicable
- Post-surgery care
- All predetermine medication and bandages
- Complication and travel medical insurance
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
To get a free quote: fill out the quote request form and upload the requested photos with a solid background of the areas that you wish to trea. See how to take your photos, for breast augmentation in Medellin, Colombia
SPEAK WITH PATIENT COORDINATOR
Have a one on one with one of our Patient coordinator. Get all your question answered. Let us help you apply for financing if desired.
Let us Plan Your Trip
Once you have reserved your cosmetic surgery date, you will receive an email with your pre-operative instructions and details of any blood work required before arriving in Colombia.
Affordable Breast Augmentation in Colombia
All InclusivePlastic Surgery Packages
If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your breast and you are looking for a well experienced team of cosmetic surgeons in Medellin that will give you much more than just larger breasts, but beautiful ones, you have come to the right place. Plastic Surgery Travel offers complete breast augmentation surgery packages that will take care of every detail from your arrival in Medellin, Colombia to your departure.
Breast Augmentation with Silicone Implants
Many women who have undergone breast augmentation with Plastic Surgery Travel board certified plastic surgeons are extremely satisfied with their fuller appearance, most stating its positive effect on personal self-confidence and outlook. The decision to have breast augmentation is a highly personal one and the satisfaction should be based on what you like first and foremost.
Breast Augmentation Incisions
Among the possible Breast augmentation incisions, two are the most frequent; all of them are approximately 1.5 inches (4 cm) long:
- A semicircle under the lower outline of the areola (dark area around the nipples).
- At the fold where the breast meets the chest. This incision is the one that allows an easier and faster insertion of the implant but, because it leaves more visible scars, our surgeons do not resort to it except in very particular cases; for example, when there already is a scar from a prior implant that must be replaced.
The cosmetic surgeon will determine which one of the two incisions is better for you, according to your body and the kind of implant chosen. Working with special instruments through the incision, he creates a pocket in each breast to hold the implants. He then places the implants in each one of the pockets, using the nipples as reference. Finally, the cosmetic surgeon closes the incisions with sutures.
Breast Augmentation in Colombia: Ideal Candidates
The ideal candidates for breast augmentation in Medellín, Colombia are women in good health and at a stable body weight. Smokers and individuals with certain medical conditions that could increase the risk of complications during or after surgery may not be appropriate candidates. Patients who want breast augmentation for cosmetic purposes should generally be at least 18 years old.
You should have realistic expectations about the level of improvement you can expect in your personal appearance and how this will affect your body image. This surgery isn’t intended to correct deep seated feelings of unhappiness or low self worth. If you are not doing this procedure first and foremost for yourself, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
Advantages of Cohesive Silicone Gel Implants
• Cohesive means that it tends to remain whole. This means that, even if the shell were to rupture, its content would not spill out. It would remain whole without any divisions.
• They do not lose their volume as time goes by.
• They do not make ‘liquid’ sounds during physical activities.
• They have a very natural consistency when touched.
• In the past, its content used to leak through the micro pores of the shell and caused capsular contractures. Nowadays, these leakages have been almost completely reduced thanks to the cohesive properties of the content and to the new shells made of several superimposed layers.
• In most European countries, in Asia and South America the use of these implants for cosmetic purposes is allowed, but not in the United States, where they may be used, however, for reconstructive purposes.
Breast Implant Placement
It is important to mention that the implants are always placed behind the mammary gland, but there are three possible locations:
• Behind the pectoral muscle: this procedure is more complicated and the recovery is more painful, but the muscles prevent the implant’s outline to be seen under the skin, giving the breast a more natural look. Placed here, the implants will interfere less in future mammograms.
• Partially under muscular: Implant is located beneath the top 2/3 of the pectoral (chest muscle).
• Over the pectoral muscle: this location is advisable for women who do intense physical exercises with their arms.
Surgery and Anesthesia
At Plastic Surgery Travel we perform your breast augmentation in Medellin in a fully-accredited surgery center or in a Clinic outpatient facility. Breast augmentation can be performed in one to two hours with general anesthesia, allowing you to sleep through the entire operation. Local anesthesia, though rarely recommended, combined with a sedative can also be used. In this case, you will be awake and may feel slight discomfort.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
For a few days following your affordable breast augmentation in Colombia, you are likely to feel tired and sore. However, most of your discomfort can be controlled with prescribed medication. The majority of patients are up and around in 24 to 48 hours, and return to work within 4 days.
The full recovery period is specific to each individual as well as to the level of activity required with her daily functions. Within your one-week postoperative visit, your gauge dressings will be removed and you may be given a surgical bra.
You will also be given massaging instructions to prevent implants from hardening. Since our doctors use absorbable sutures, no stitch removal is required. Specific post operative instructions are provided to our patients before and on the day of surgery.