Affordable Blepharoplasty Surgery
- Reception the airport
- Blepharoplasty Surgery with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Anesthesiologist and clinic fees
- Transportation to & from med-appointments
- Pre-surgical medical exams
- One support garment worn after surgery, if applicable
- Post-surgery care
- All predetermine medication and bandages
- Complication and travel medical insurance
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
To get a free quote: fill out the quote request form and upload the requested photos with a solid background of the areas that you wish to trea. See how to take your photos, for breast augmentation in Medellin, Colombia
SPEAK WITH PATIENT COORDINATOR
Have a one on one with one of our Patient coordinator. Get all your question answered. Let us help you apply for financing if desired.
Let us Plan Your Trip
Once you have reserved your cosmetic surgery date, you will receive an email with your pre-operative instructions and details of any blood work required before arriving in Colombia.
Blepharoplasty in Colombia
All InclusivePlastic Surgery Packages
Do you look in the mirror and find that your eyelids appear more tired or older than you feel on the inside? If so, you may be a candidate for eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty) in Colombia. Plastic Surgery Travel offers complete eyelid surgery packages that will wipe years off your face without wiping your bank account. We take care of every detail from your arrival in Medellin, Colombia to your departure.
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) Results
Most patients are very pleased with the results of eyelid surgery with Plastic Surgery Travel’s board certified plastic surgeons. Often, patients don’t realize how much their sagging eyelids contributed to the signs of tiredness and aging until they see how much younger and more rested they appear after the surgery.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Eyelid Surgery eliminates loose or sagging skin around the eyes
- Eyelid Surgery restores the natural shape to the upper eyelid
- Eyelid Surgery eliminates upper eyelid excess skin that impairs vision
- Eyelid Surgery can keep you looking at least 5 to 7 years younger
- Eyelid Surgery removes fat that causes puffiness in the upper eyelids
- Eyelid Surgery corrects bags, droopiness and excess skin of the lower eyelids
What does Eyelid Surgery do?
- It refreshes and rejuvenates the look by eliminating certain features that contribute to make an individual look older and tired, such as the ‘bags’ beneath the eyes and the excess skin in the ‘drooping’ upper eyelids.
- It eliminates lumps generated by the accumulation of fat inside the eyelids.
- It improves the sight by reducing the upper eyelids when they droop too much and interfere with the vision.
- It brightens the look and is often performed together with a temporal facelift.
What does eyelid surgery NOT do?
- It does not eliminate crow’s feet.
- It does not eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
- It does not lift the eyebrows nor does it change their shape. If you think your eyebrows are too low or too straight, please read the information on brow lift surgery that we provide.
Ideal Candidates for Blepharoplasty in Colombia
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for blepharoplasty
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness
- Individuals without serious eye conditions.
- The first step in learning if you are a candidate for eyelid surgery is to fill out the quote request along with your photos.
Please let your cosmetic surgeon if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Eye disease, such as glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina
- Thyroid disorders, such as Graves’ disease and under or overactive thyroid
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders
The surgeon makes the incisions along the natural folds of the eyelids so that the resulting scars will be disguised. On the upper eyelids, the incision is done along the natural folds and, on the lower eyelids; it is done just below the eyelashes. In some cases, the incisions extend some millimeters beyond the corners of the eyes. Working through these incisions, the surgeon removes the excess fat that accumulates beneath the skin (two lumps in each upper eyelid and three in each lower eyelid). Apart from this, the surgeon removes the excess skin from the bags that give the appearance of ‘hanging’ eyes. After that, the incisions are closed with very fine sutures.
If you have fat lumps but you do not need to have any excess skin removed, your cosmetic surgeon may suggest a transconjunctival blepharoplasty. In this procedure, the incisions are made inside of the eyelids and they leave no visible scars; however, it is necessary for the skin to in great shape (thick, firm and elastic). This procedure is generally recommended for young patients.
Local anesthesia with sedation is most commonly used, if the eyelid surgery is combined with other procedures most likely general anesthesia will be used.
During the first few days after surgery, you should rest quietly with your head elevated. Your cosmetic surgeon may instruct you to apply cold compresses to your eyelids. Initially, you may feel a “tight” sensation around the eyes and some mild discomfort that can be controlled with oral medication. During the first 48 hours following surgery, patients experience varying degrees of swelling and bruising. Mild swelling may persist for several weeks. Bruising typically disappears within seven to ten days. Within the first week or so, you will be permitted to use makeup, if desired, to conceal any discoloration. Stitches are usually removed within a week of surgery.